Stuffing with Butternut Squash and Leeks
- Place cubed bread on baking trays to dry out for a few hours or overnight. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat until hot. Sauté leeks until softened, stirring occasionally. Add white wine and cook until wine evaporates; remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine bread, leeks, butternut squash, salt, pepper and thyme. Pour ½ of stock over bowl and mix to combine. Continue to add stock until desired consistency is reached.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Oil a 9x13-inch baking dish with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the stuffing to the prepared baking dish, top with shredded gruyere cheese, if using, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until top is starting to brown.
- 16 cups cubed bread
- 2 medium leeks, thinly sliced and soaked in water, drained
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups roasted butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons each, salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 2 cups shredded Gruyere cheese, if desired
Mashed Potatoes with Blue Cheese and Celery Root
- In a saucepan, melt butter, add shallots and cook until caramelized, about 8-10 minutes.
- Cook vegetables in saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to heavy-duty mixer fitted with whisk attachment.
- Beat potatoes and celery root until mashed.
- Add cheese, shallots and butter; beat until butter melts.
- Mix in milk & season with salt and pepper.
- 5 Large unpeeled Yukon Gold potatoes cut in 1.5" pieces
- 1 Celery root, peeled and cut in 1" pieces
- 1/4 Stick of butter for frying
- 4 Medium shallots, diced
- 1/3 lb. Blue cheese, such as Rogue blue or Gorgonzola
- 2 tbls Butter
- 1/3 cup Milk
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Raisins
- On medium heat, sauté bacon until crisp.
- Add shredded sprouts, shallots, and raisins.
- Sauté until sprouts are limp and tender.
- If too dry, add some broth and continue cooking.
- Serve with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, washed and shredded
- 4 pieces bacon, rough chop
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4-1/2 cups chicken broth
- Balsamic vinegar
Spinach, Apple and Pecan Salad
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and black pepper until thick and emulsified.
- Add apple and onion and toss to coat.
- Add spinach and pecans and toss again. Serve.
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large sweet-tart apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 pound spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
Slow Cooker Mulled Wine
- Combine wine, cider, honey, cinnamon sticks, zest, juice, cloves and star anise in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 2-3 hours, or until heated.
- Pour into mugs and garnish with orange peels.
- 1 bottle red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon works well)
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 star anise
- 4 oranges, peeled